Nouvelle arrivée sur Schopki

Que vous soyez expert ou débutant, "vieux" fan ou jeune fan, venez vous présenter !
Répondre
Prince4Eternity
Official Member
Official Member
fan depuis : 1984

15 août 2016, 00:12

Bonsoir à tous,

Je vais faire court parce que je ne suis pas une championne de la présentation...
Née en 1970, fan absolue de Mr Nelson depuis mes 14 ans, et en état de choc depuis le 21 avril 2016.

Le seul réconfort que j'ai trouvé depuis bientôt 4 mois c'était de passer sur Schopki pour vous lire... Alors me voilà... :)

Ce qui m'a le plus touché dans tout ce que j'ai lu sur internet, c'est cet article (lien vers la source à la fin) :

Prince. The beautiful death of the beautiful one...

Some people think it’s sad how Prince died. But I think it was beautiful.

In his last 7 earthbound days, Prince did three of the things he loved most…

He played a concert. With just a piano, a microphone, his voice and soul. His songs stripped down to their very essence. He spoke of his father teaching him piano. He even had to leave the stage for a moment, explaining “Sometimes I forget how emotional these songs are.” One last time Prince gave himself to the audience he called friends, not fans. One last time he asked them to sing with him. How bittersweet that at this, his final concert, Prince sang the songs that started him out on his epic journey. (Even his hair was, after three decades of iconic styles, back to where it began — an awesome fro.) It seems somehow sacred and destined that Prince didn’t sing Purple Rain twice that night. He didn’t perform Purple Rain at the earlier 8pm show — but saved it for his farewell performance at 10pm. That was Thursday, April 14.

On Saturday, April 16 he threw one more dance party at Paisley Park for his family of fellow Minnesotans. Prince loved his hometown. And he loved to get people dancing. He even tweeted out a photo — Paisley Park was packed that night!

But just a few nights later, the building would stand empty and quiet. Waiting for Prince to come home. And when he did, around 8pm, then it was just the two of them — Prince and his Paisley Park.

On Wednesday night, April 20… on what would be his last night on earth — someone dropped Prince off at Paisley Park. The epic building empty that night but for its creator. The recording studios, the soundstage, dance studio, wardrobe room, vault, and labyrinth of corridors all silent yet echoing with 30 years of music. His music. Let’s think about it… Prince spent his last night in the place he loved to be. In the place where he brought so much to life. I have a picture in my mind of Prince that night, doing what he was so known for… staying awake deep into the black velvet hours to work — to create, compose, write, sing, record. Did he write a new song that night I wonder? Did he record anything in those last few hours? I imagine Prince doing his thing — there in his magic music factory — and then around 3:00 in the morning, finally, finally heading off to bed. I can see Prince walking into the elevator with his cool cat step… The way he walked over to his bike in Purple Rain… The way he walked off the stage after his ‘While My Guitar Gently Weeps’ solo. But before Prince can turn around to punch a higher floor, the doors close behind him. So I don’t get to see his face one more time. I don’t get one more look at those eyes.

One last concert for the people he loved.

One last party for the hometown he loved.

One last night to himself in the place he loved.

What could be a more beautiful way to leave this earth than that?

Some people say it’s sad that Prince “died alone in an elevator” but he was such a private man — and what is a more personal, private moment than your own death? Besides, Prince may have been alone in those last few hours, but that doesn’t mean he was lonely. He had to know he was so loved. By man. By God. That elevator didn’t bring him down… it just took him to the highest floor!

The last line on the credits scroll in Purple Rain reads… “May u live 2 see the dawn.” Prince believed there is a dawn after death. And on Thursday, April 21, just hours after his death was made known to the world, a rainbow appeared over Paisley Park. …I’m taking that as a sign.

So yeah, some people think it’s sad how Prince died. But I think it was lyrical, powerful, profound, public and private, even cinematic. The sadness and loss is really ours. Not his.

(Besides, Prince is just WAY too sexy to be a 90-year old man!)

Prince performed the greatest, most electric, impassioned show ever — his own life. And then he walked off the stage. His life was a thing of beauty. And so was his departure from it. See you in the Afterworld, Prince Rogers Nelson. See you in the purple rain.

May we all live 2 see the dawn.

PS. Watch the final song in Purple Rain again… BABY I’M A STAR. It’s such an incredibly joyful performance. Prince breaks the ‘fourth wall’ in that song and looks right at you. He KNEW we would all know one day. And oh boy, do we ever.

https://medium.com/@Spielberg1/prince-t ... .jq7z37568

Je ne sais qui a écrit ce texte, mais je l'ai trouvé apaisant et plein de bon sens :pheart:

Merci d'avance de votre accueil :symbol:
"It's such a shame our friendship had to end..."
mountainair
Official Member
Official Member

15 août 2016, 00:34

Bienvenue!
Et je plussoie fortement concernant ce texte. Je n'aurais pas pu mieux exprimer tout ça. :super:
Mya
Official Member
Official Member
fan depuis : 2005

15 août 2016, 00:37

Bienvenue à toi !
Un grand Merci pour ton partage ....

:yes:
Prince4Eternity
Official Member
Official Member

15 août 2016, 01:09

Merci Mountainair ;) & Mya :)
Vincent2Paris
Official Member
Official Member

15 août 2016, 06:11

Bienvenue
jojo 94
Official Member
Official Member

15 août 2016, 07:35

Bienvenue à toi parmi nous. :)
Greghost
Official Member
Official Member
fan depuis : 1989

15 août 2016, 10:13

Bienvenue à toi et merci pour la découverte de ce texte magnifique.
Gregory looks just like a ghost...
fabienne
Official Member
Official Member

15 août 2016, 11:52

Merci beaucoup pour ce texte.
PURPLELILAS
Official Member
Official Member
fan depuis : 1985

15 août 2016, 13:10

Bienvenue et merci pour ce partage :)

"Princièrement vôtre" :symbol:
Prince4Eternity
Official Member
Official Member

15 août 2016, 13:34

Un grand merci à tous... :merci:
Contente que le texte vous plaise !

:) :symbol: ;-)
Nath78
Official Member
Official Member
fan depuis : 1979

15 août 2016, 15:23

Pour quelqu'un qui n'aime pas faire de présentation ! Bah waou ! Bienvenue !
fabienne
Official Member
Official Member

15 août 2016, 15:41

Je reviens au texte. Je ne connaissais pas l'histoire de l'arc en ciel au dessus de Paisley Park. CA m'a ramené à "the rainbow children", manière dont Prince parle de tous ceux qui croient. Lui en premier.

Alors, oui, je veux bien moi aussi, malgré mon athéisme et mon cartésianisme, y voir un signe.

Excusez-moi pour cet aparté personnel. Bienvenue chez nous, Prince4Eternity (chouette pseudo aussi)
musicum
Official Member
Official Member

15 août 2016, 16:06

Bienvenue sur le forum,

Très beau texte, lyrique et bien écrit. Merci pour ce partage. :merci:
Did he write a new song that night I wonder? Did he record anything in those last few hours? I imagine Prince doing his thing — there in his magic music factory — and then around 3:00 in the morning, finally, finally heading off to bed. I can see Prince walking into the elevator with his cool cat step…
Il disait dans une interview des années 2000, être curieux de découvrir quelle serait sa dernière chanson ...
Besides, Prince may have been alone in those last few hours, but that doesn’t mean he was lonely. He had to know he was so loved. By man. By God. That elevator didn’t bring him down… it just took him to the highest floor!
Nous avons passionnément souhaité, ce 21 avril, qu'il en soit ainsi pour lui.
"It was lyrical, powerful, profound, public and private, even cinematic. The sadness and loss is really ours. Not his."
Nous l'aimons assez pour porter le chagrin que son absence nous cause.
Modifié en dernier par musicum le 15 août 2016, 19:44, modifié 1 fois.
“Rules are made for the interpretation of wise men and the obedience of fools “
calhounsquare
Modérateur
Modérateur
fan depuis : 1980

15 août 2016, 17:58

Bienvenue :super:
Calhoun Square : récits, analyses, infos
Ma boutique sur Discogs
SIGNO'THETOM
Official Member
Official Member
fan depuis : 1986

16 août 2016, 12:57

Welcome ! 2 the Dawn ! :frime: :super:
LOVE4ONEANOTHER IS THE ONLY WAY!
Sound
Official Member
Official Member
fan depuis : 1988

16 août 2016, 13:45

Welcome ! :symbol:
Alice de Nice
Modérateur
Modérateur
fan depuis : 1986

16 août 2016, 18:35

Bienvenue :)
SweetieD
Official Member
Official Member

16 août 2016, 21:05

Bienvenue et merci. Très beau texte, très humble. J'ai été apaisée et émue à la fois.
And We"ll Try 2 Imagine What Silence Looks Like
topaz
Official Member
Official Member

16 août 2016, 22:58

Hello, bonne soirée.
mountainair
Official Member
Official Member

17 août 2016, 19:48

fabienne a écrit :Je reviens au texte. Je ne connaissais pas l'histoire de l'arc en ciel au dessus de Paisley Park. CA m'a ramené à "the rainbow children", manière dont Prince parle de tous ceux qui croient. Lui en premier.

Alors, oui, je veux bien moi aussi, malgré mon athéisme et mon cartésianisme, y voir un signe.

Excusez-moi pour cet aparté personnel. Bienvenue chez nous, Prince4Eternity (chouette pseudo aussi)
Voici la photo de l'arc-en-ciel
sulimane
Official Member
Official Member

17 août 2016, 22:17

Bienvenue sur notre forum.
Prince4Eternity
Official Member
Official Member

18 août 2016, 00:29

fabienne a écrit :Je reviens au texte. Je ne connaissais pas l'histoire de l'arc en ciel au dessus de Paisley Park. CA m'a ramené à "the rainbow children", manière dont Prince parle de tous ceux qui croient. Lui en premier.

Pour toi Fabienne et pour vous tous...
C'est arrivé moins de 24h après que la nouvelle soit tombée.
Et encore un grand merci pour votre accueil :)

SweetieD
Official Member
Official Member

18 août 2016, 11:55

Elle est chouette cette photo. On dirait presque une pochette d'album. D'ailleurs toutes ces fleurs accrochées au grillage me rappellent la pochette de Purple Rain. Et puis le parapluie couleur Raspberry, the Rainbow over Paisley Park..manque la pluie violette. C'est tout lui ça :)
And We"ll Try 2 Imagine What Silence Looks Like
Répondre

Retourner vers « Hello ! Présentation »