77 heures de Prince sur VH-1 Soul

Répondre
Jimipaisley
Modérateur
Modérateur
fan depuis : 1984

31 août 2008, 00:57

drfunkenberry

'77 Hour Prince Marathon On VH-1 Soul This Weekend!

Posted in Celebrity News, Music with tags 77, Carmen Electra, Chaka Khan, Jill Jones, Morris Day, Pat Smear, Prince, Prince of Paisley Park, Purple Rain, Rosie Gaines, Sheena Easton, Sheila E., Stereofox, Taja Sevelle, The Family, The Time, Vanity 6, VH1 Soul, Wendy & Lisa on August 30, 2008 by drfunkenberry

Ok, we are going to be on a purple cloud all weekend; There is a 77 Hour Prince Special on VH-1 Soul. It almost makes up for us missing Prince jamming with Stereofox. I said almost.

The Emperor of funk Prince will have 3 hour blocks of videos including “Sexuality”, “Controversy”, “Raspberry Beret” (w/a young Pat Smear of Nirvana fame backing him up in white and long hair), “Girls & Boys”, “Mountains”, “Alphabet St.”, “I Wish U Heaven”, “Glam Slam”, “Partyman”, “Scandalous”, “The Morning Papaers”, “Gold”, “The Most Beautiful Girl….”, “Somebody’s Somebody”, “The Holy River”, “My Name Is Prince”, “The Greatest Romance Ever Sold”, “U Make My Sun Shine”, “Musicology” and “Black Sweat”. Sometime later will be live versions “I Would Die 4 U”, “Alphabet St.”, and “America” along with more later this weekend.

If that is not enough, you will then have a 3 hour block of Prince Proteges, while some are associated with Prince, they did not eaxactly use videos for songs he helped out with. Nevertheless, you will get jams by Vanity 6, Sheena Easton, a three pack of Wendy & Lisa videos, Carmen Electra, Taja Sevelle, Jill Jones, a 6 pack of videos by Sheila E., 4 videos by The Time including “Ice Cream Castles” & “jerk Out”, Morris Day, Jesse Johnson, Chaka Khan, The Family, Rosie Gaines, and many more.

There will also be a Prince pop up video special, multiple airings of “The Prince of Paisley Park” and his Acadamy Award winning film, “Purple Rain”.

The special will be airing all weekend so if you miss it once, you will catch it again. Now, the Dr. knows the most creative man in music has enough videos of himself & his royal court to fill 77 hours without showing the same video twice.

Now, if it was up to us, Dr. Funkenberry would be your video DJ with no face making that happen and maybe perhaps playing some videos that have never seen the light of day on that special. Sound good to you? It sure sounds good to us. You may not be able to give the people what they want, but we sure would like to give them what they need. Can YOU hear me? Good. Enjoy the 77 hours of funk.-Dr.FB

VH1-Soul
Répondre

Retourner vers « Archives des News [2002-2012] »