des nouvelles du nouvel album de Morrissey

Un album, un artiste, un groupe à ne pas manquer. Partagez vos expériences musicales.
Répondre
topaz
Official Member
Official Member

16 mars 2004, 23:00

à l'exception de Everyday Is Like Sunday depuis la fin du 20eme siècle
je n'ai pas ecouté du Mozz
javais fait une overdose
de sinistrose jsuis un poète!
mais là ça s'annonce assez excitant

de http://www.morrissey-solo.com/
Godard reviews "You Are the Quarry" on BBC6! (Spoilers!)

Posted By: King Leer
Date: Thursday, 11 March 2004, at 12:16 p.m.

He's a fast talker and bubbled over with enthusiasm for Morrissey's new album for just over 6 minutes. So many interesting comments... As I listen to the audio file again (while the Janice Long session version of IBEH plays in the background as the show's outro).

Some tasty comments:

"There's a clipped drum sound almost a bit like New Order's "True Faith", quite electronic. And there's a lot of spaghetti western twangy guitars in it."

"I described the song as anodyne, and now I'm retracting my comments on the BBC because I think that the actual recorded version is really really good. I was impressed and surprised."

"His singing on this record is really, really fantastic, and his lyrics as well... There are some good jokes on this album... He's being very political, very controversial, but at the same time there are desperate, lovelorn, isolated, classic Morrissey and a real sense of him singing about himself and perpretraing his own myth..."

"My favourite lyrical note on the album is in the song "I Have Forgiven Jesus" ... 'Monday -- Humiliation. Tuesday -- Suffocation. Wednesday -- Condescension' and the line that absolutely killed me 'Thursday is Pathetic."

"The opening track "America Is Not the World" has a funny verse about hamburgers. Classic Morrissey, like "Meat is Murder" "

"The Slum Mums doesn't appear on the album.... "Mexico" is not on it."

"The full track listing is:

America is Not the World
Irish Blood, English Heart
I Have Forgiven Jesus
Come Back to Camden (Godard's favourite song)
I'm Not Sorry
The World is Full of Crashing Bores
How Can Anyone Possibly Know How I Feel?
The First of the Gang to Die
Let Me Kiss You
I Like You
All the Lazy Dykes
You Know I Couldn't Last

"[Come Back to Camden] is a really classic Morrissey song. In the same vein as "I Know it's Gonna Happen Someday" and "Trouble Loves Me", a beautiful piano ballad. And the lyrics are very John Betjmen, "Everyday is Like Sunday". There's a line about 'Drinking tea with the taste of the Thames' It's a really fantastic song. It's got that welling-up quality about it."

"There's a great flute solo on "I'm Not Sorry". 'I Like You' begins with like an acid-house synth, which sounds horrible but really works."

"A lot of credit must go to Jerry Finn. ... Electronic drum sounds like on Viva Hate with "Late Night, Maudlin Street" That sharp kind of click"

"It's no great musical departure from Vauxhall and I, but in terms of production it sounds very contemporary."

"He sings about Americans being overfed warmongers. America is Not the World is a really strong opener."

"I think his fans will love it and there's so much good will out there in the world for Morrissey."
topaz
Official Member
Official Member

17 mars 2004, 00:03

personne ici n'aime les Smiths ?
flop
Official Member
Official Member

17 mars 2004, 01:06

topaz a écrit :personne ici n'aime les Smiths ?
Si, si. Positivity avait posté le texte de "there's a light that never goes out" dans la rubrique "there's always something to share".

J'avais signalé à l'occasion combien j'aimais Morrissey et les Smiths.

Flop
topaz
Official Member
Official Member

17 mars 2004, 01:20

there is a light that never goes out un sommet de l'histoire de la pop anglaise à pas ecouter quand on est pas bien paske :( :arrow: :cry:
Morrissey et Prince etaient sensés bosser ensemble au debut des 90s et ça s'est pas fait hélas
funky alf
Official Member
Official Member

17 mars 2004, 01:52

j'adore les smiths comme beaucoup j'ai eu du mal avec morriissey en solo

mais quelle pop
topaz
Official Member
Official Member

18 mars 2004, 02:46

Broken heart? Listen to the Smiths http://uk.news.yahoo.com/040310/325/eo5pi.html
now_bx
Official Member
Official Member

17 avril 2004, 16:43

Le nouvel album sort officiellement le 17 mai- meme jour que le nouveau Cabrel .... :oops:
Répondre

Retourner vers « Musique »