fan depuis : 1987

08 décembre 2010, 01:04

slimongi
Official Member
Official Member
fan depuis : 1984

08 décembre 2010, 01:43

stalefish a écrit :Image

.....Great....Prince va reformer The Revolution et sortir les Remasters.....trop Bien!! :dance4me:
:malin1:

......oops désolé.....je vais prendre mes comprimés.....et vais de ce pas me coucher! :papy:
La connerie c'est la décontraction de l'intelligence
NICO-BASSTIC
Official Member
Official Member
fan depuis : 1988

08 décembre 2010, 03:55

slimongi a écrit :
stalefish a écrit :Image

.....Great....Prince va reformer The Revolution et sortir les Remasters.....trop Bien!! :dance4me:
:malin1:

......oops désolé.....je vais prendre mes comprimés.....et vais de ce pas me coucher! :papy:
:mdr1:
Sacré Stéphane...
sim theury
Administrateur
Administrateur
fan depuis : 1989

08 décembre 2010, 14:06

http://www.drfunkenberry.com/2010/12/07 ... -thoughts/
We woke up this morning with an email from the Grammy Board letting us know that the classic “Purple Rain” will be inducted in the Grammy Hall Of Fame.

Album’s are only eligible after 25 years of release and to be honest, with the other albums nominated, Prince and the Revolution’s “Purple Rain” is the young pup.

With such stellar material, from the opening organ of “Let’s Go Crazy” to the duet of “Take Me With U” to the feelings and emotions of “The Beautiful Ones”, those 3 tracks alone would have made this a top 10 album of all time. But why stop there?

The raw funk of “Computer Blue” to the nastiness of “Darling Nikki” which helped create the PARENTAL ADVISORY label on records
and increase sales of every act by doing so. Then came the track that stood out like Sofia Vergara in a tight dress; “When Doves Cry” the song that to that point would be Prince’s crowning achievement. “When Doves Cry” is what makes a Prince song Prince’s…and no one else’s!

Then he takes it up a notch and throws a dance party in our honor. “I Would Die 4 U” and who would disagree that he wouldn’t? “Baby, I’m A Star” is an artist who knew he was about to hit the big time and no one would forget how bright his star would shine.

Then, the title track. “Purple Rain” a song so good, it needed a movie named after it. There are 2 things the industry got wrong in the 80′s; “Purple Rain” only making it to #2 on the Billboard singles charts and Rolling Stone making “Purple Rain” only the 2nd greatest album of the 80′s, giving the title of #1 to “London Calling” by The Clash. Is it too late for a recount now?

Aside from me wearing out 3 copies of “Purple Rain” on cassette the first summer I ever discovered it, this is more than just a movie soundtrack; this album, and Prince’s music itself, is a soundtrack to people’s lives. The body of work that Prince along with the Revolution and others he has worked with is beyond compare.

Quite simply, no one can touch Prince. No one can touch Purple Rain. You could line up the best producers of the past 25 years and they couldn’t touch it.

I want to thank Dr. Fink, Brownmark, Bobby Z., Wendy Melvoin & Lisa Coleman for getting me through some times in life where all I had to turn to was your music, your sound. Words could not express what it means so please just take my thank you and know that there is so much more behind it.

To Prince, thank you. Thank you so much. Thank you for the music. Thank you for the drive you had inside yourself to create something so amazing, so funky, so full of emotion and feeling, that it has moved generations. Despite what people think, we don’t know each other on any level, only on the professional sense, but your music has been a friend when in need, and sometimes, it’s better that way. No taking, just always giving.

Again, I thank you Prince Rogers Nelson for giving us your gift of your music and “Purple Rain” and I congratulate you on another award that you so deserve.

Much Love and kick some tail for me this month in Jersey and New York.-Dr.FB
makoto
Official Member
Official Member
fan depuis : Très longtemps

08 décembre 2010, 15:24

Super !

Et sinon ça veut dire quoi en clair et en version sous titrée please ? :mrgreen:
sim theury
Administrateur
Administrateur
fan depuis : 1989

08 décembre 2010, 15:36

makoto a écrit :Super !

Et sinon ça veut dire quoi en clair et en version sous titrée please ? :mrgreen:
Le Dr Funkenberry aime Purple Rain (l'album).
CycoZora
Modérateur
Modérateur
fan depuis : 1987

08 décembre 2010, 15:39

sim theury a écrit :
makoto a écrit :Super !
Le Dr Funkenberry aime Purple Rain (l'album).
et que 'Purple Rain' va être introduit au panthéon des plus grands albums de tous les temps au Grammy Hall Of Fame.
« Sans musique, la vie serait une erreur »
Friedrich Nietzsche 'Crépuscule des idoles' ©1888
Matthieu
Official Member
Official Member
fan depuis : 1984/85

08 décembre 2010, 15:51

Chose que nous savions (presque) tous ici.
Vincent2Paris
Official Member
Official Member

08 décembre 2010, 17:16

Matthieu Coasne a écrit :Chose que nous savions (presque) tous ici.
que dr funkenberry aime purple rain ?
Matthieu
Official Member
Official Member
fan depuis : 1984/85

08 décembre 2010, 18:07

Vincent2Paris a écrit :
Matthieu Coasne a écrit :Chose que nous savions (presque) tous ici.
que dr funkenberry aime purple rain ?
Non, que Purple Rain est un monument.
seven
Official Member
Official Member
fan depuis : 1985

08 décembre 2010, 23:55

c'est un scoop :)
Jimipaisley
Modérateur
Modérateur
fan depuis : 1984