Emmy After Party

Répondre
lasvegas3121
Official Member
Official Member

22 septembre 2008, 18:02

Prince’s Emmy Afterbash!

We are still trying to figure out if what just happened…actually did happen.

Did Prince just just throw an impromptu Emmy party at his house? Did it turn into Karaoke night with some celebs taking or sharing the mic with the host? Oh yea, it happened all right!

A review is coming shortly, we just need to get a little bit of rest as he wore us out.

(This was sent in and we can confirm it happened and we will not so patiently be waiting for the full review. Stay tuned.)
Modifié en dernier par lasvegas3121 le 22 septembre 2008, 20:06, modifié 1 fois.
Vincent2Paris
Official Member
Official Member

22 septembre 2008, 18:23

Qu'est ce que les Emmys ? http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmy_Award
sisko
Official Member
Official Member

23 septembre 2008, 00:20

Prince’s Purple Funk Electric Emmy Afterbash!
Posted in Entertainment on September 22, 2008 by drfunkenberry

(sent into us at www.drfunkenberry.com)

Purple Funk Electric Emmy Afterbash! That’s the best way we can describe the vibe at Prince’s late night throw down. The guests, the outfits, the music–all far hotter than usual (and we know Prince’s parties set the bar high EVERY time.) The air was abuzz with electricity of the funky, purple, nothing-but-fun kind, everyone was in on it, taking the vibe even higher.

The night opened with the sexy Satisfied, followed by Prince at times laughing his way through the comedic Beggin’ Woman Blues. (If you haven’t heard it yet… just wait!) Musicians just having fun doing what they do: priceless.

The crowd was rapt, rockin’ all night as the band rolled through (among others) Cream, U Got The Look, A Love Bizarre, Lady Cab Driver, Let’s Go Crazy, and a few covers such as Be Happy, Let’s Go and Long Train Running. (Marva King took the lead on this one.) Come Together became an anthem of interconnectedness, as the crowd chanted come together over and over. It was quite moving.

The show closed with Purple Rain with Prince kicking it off on keys before switching to guitar. Everyone singing “woo hoo hoo hoo” in unison made us want to break out the lighters and wave em up in the air like back in the day.

The room may have been filled with TV stars, but they know how to groove with the best of ‘em!

These television luminaries, most of who seemed new to the purple party scene, it was the most fun they ever had, or even the best night of their lives. many even thanked the staff as if they were the stars - true class actors and actresses at the soiree. Kristen Chenoweth was so overcome with joy that she left in tears.

Now how’s THAT for a good time?

We want to thank the person who sent this in. We have another review from a different perspective that will be posted shortly. -Dr.FB
slimongi
Official Member
Official Member
fan depuis : 1984

23 septembre 2008, 00:30

...le bon vieux temps ou Prince balançait des morceaux inédits est bel et bien terminé!!

:roll:
Vincent2Paris
Official Member
Official Member

23 septembre 2008, 00:58

slimongi a écrit :...le bon vieux temps ou Prince balançait des morceaux inédits est bel et bien terminé!!

En même temps, il n'y avait pas un public de mélomanes, mais un parterre de VIP qu'il fallait conquérir avec des vieux tubes. ;-)
slimongi
Official Member
Official Member

23 septembre 2008, 01:11

Vincent2Paris a écrit :
slimongi a écrit :...le bon vieux temps ou Prince balançait des morceaux inédits est bel et bien terminé!!

En même temps, il n'y avait pas un public de mélomanes, mais un parterre de VIP qu'il fallait conquérir avec des vieux tubes. ;-)
....c'est vrai aussi mais il y a bien longtemps que Prince nous a pas surpris à ce niveau là, je sais que mon questionnement n'apportera rien de bien utile à la discussion....jamais content les Fans de Prince ...n'est-ce pas? :wink:
Vincent2Paris
Official Member
Official Member

23 septembre 2008, 01:35

C'est vrai, de quoi tu te plains ? Prince joue en after des Sept d'Or américains son lot de covers 70's. C'est la fête !

Be Happy / Mary J. Blige, 1994 ? http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=c1j-1Ww6K4g
Let’s Go / The Cars, 1979 ? http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=CThQLYDQk7s
Long Train Running / Doobie Brothers, 1973 http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=tnD0eVdHJfI

Finalement Prince n'est pas différent de nous, il reste bloqué sur ce qu'il kiffait à l'adolescence entre 15 et 20 ans.
Modifié en dernier par Vincent2Paris le 23 septembre 2008, 20:28, modifié 1 fois.
slimongi
Official Member
Official Member

23 septembre 2008, 01:40

Vincent2Paris a écrit :C'est vrai, de quoi tu te plains ? Prince joue en after des Sept d'Or américains son lot de covers 70's. C'est la fête !

Be Happy / Bobby McFerrin, 1988 ? http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=yjnvSQuv-H4 ou Mary J. Blige, 1994 ? http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=c1j-1Ww6K4g (je penche plutôt pour celle là)
Let’s Go / The Cars, 1979 ? http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=CThQLYDQk7s
Long Train Running / Doobie Brothers, 1973 http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=tnD0eVdHJfI

Finalement Prince n'est pas différent de nous, il reste bloqué sur ce qu'il kiffait à l'adolescence entre 15 et 20 ans.
:lol:
calhounsquare
Modérateur
Modérateur
fan depuis : 1980

23 septembre 2008, 11:34

Attendez les gars vous avez loupé le plus gros: LADY CAB DRIVER !!! :D
Calhoun Square : récits, analyses, infos
Ma boutique sur Discogs
funky alf
Official Member
Official Member

23 septembre 2008, 11:45

il l'a fait en entier ou juste un peu de zic samplé comme pour l'O2.
ça serait une bonne nouvelle si il rechantait celle là
thebeautifu1one
Official Member
Official Member

23 septembre 2008, 11:51

Ouai, la seule bonne newz c'est qu'il ait joué LCD parceque le reste... hummm, comment dire? Je ne suis pas certain qu'il est foncièrement besoin de répétitions avec ses NPG. Ils doivent, un petit peu, en avoir l'habitude maintenant.

Hummmmm j'ai l'oeuf, mieux i got the fuckin' egg!

Tb1
Vincent2Paris
Official Member
Official Member

23 septembre 2008, 13:53

Heard About The Emmy Party At ‘77?……
Posted in Celebrity News, Entertainment, Music, Television with tags Bria Valente, Chelsea Rodgers, Chi McBride, DJ Rashida, Emmys, Kristen Chenoweth, Mary-Louise Parker, Michael C. Hall, Michael Emerson on September 22, 2008 by drfunkenberry

….Prince gonna be there and take you to heaven. Prince sang that during Musicology that night. We sure felt like we were there.

But I am getting ahead of myself. I got one of those last minute phone calls that you usually get for a party like this one, where it will be off the chain and knee deep in celebs. This is where the whole night here on out seems caught between a dream and reality.

After shortly arriving, the host with the most was very kind and greeted us. He left shortly after with someone I was told was Bria Valente. I am very shy at times myself so kind of avoided the contact. I hope Prince understands I was not trying to be rude, I was just overwhelmed with the coolness of the moment. My guest spoke with him and was cordial for me. We saw some of the purple party crew through the night, talking with C.C. and saw Rashida there later on.

Just imagine having a private intimate party with the best live performer out there. Only your close friends are there. Not a stadium full of people. No crowded night club with that person who had one too many drinks. That’s what makes a party like this so special. It is just one of the moments in time where you look back on it and it will bring a smile to your face. I wish you could experience it.

Prince kicked it off with Satisfied and having seen this person in front of 20,000 people, he was bringing it like it was the Staple Center. He was slightly more laid back, sipping water, going over to his keyboard player Morris Hayes and sometimes to his bassist Josh Dunham or his drummer C.C. Dunham. He said we can all slow dance if we want and actor Chi McBride was one of the first to hit the floor as almost everyone followed suit.

Prince then went into Beggin’ Woman Blues with some lyrics that just make you crack up. We were cracking up so much he started cracking up. lovineveryminuteofit! Prince went into overdrive with Cream, U Got The Look, A Love Bizzare and covers like Crinsom & Clover & Wild Thing. Then he stuck on this groove and it turned out to be Lady Cab Driver. Total flashback of funk for me I must say. He did a few lyrics from it but that groove was contagious! They just went off and turned it out. There was not one person sitting down for that.

Prince said earlier in the night that it was gonna be karaoke night and he was gonna get us all to sing. During Have A Little Help From Our Friends, Kristen Chenoweth was called up to sing and she brought her voice up to the challenge. After the song, Prince called out Kristen and high fived her. Kristen could not contain herself and went over to Prince to give him a kiss on the cheek. Prince laughed playfully and said, “now my guitar is out of tune”, an obvious reference to the song that was just performed.

It was just a straight funky night. At one time, after the crowd stopped clapping, Prince asked if we wanted to slow it down or keep it funky? I think the crowd was kind of mixed so we voted by show of hands, and the funk won. At this moment, we heard the woman next to us tell us this is the greatest night of her life. Her man just smiled. Ahh, another man getting credit for something Prince did. Gotta love it. Right?

Prince went into the funk jams such as Controversy and Sexy Dancer. He then went into a groove getting Josh to go off on bass and then C.C. on drums. Prince then sang “We are part of the rhythm nation” before proclaiming we like the original version of that song while going into thank you (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin) which was straight cool. More people arrived through the night including Dexter’s Michael C. Hall and I think I saw Michael Emerson from Lost there as well and Mary-Louise Parker (There were others but my mind is frazzled right now.) Prince went into Play That Funky Music and Chi came up and rocked it. It just got better as Prince went on the keys and played Superstition.

At one point, someone yelled out to play Chelsea Rodgers and Prince was like, yea o.k. No requests came in but the person who requested it was a model, although this time no flower in her hair.

Prince killed it with Let’s Go Crazy and then cooled us down with Purple Rain which was the last song of the night. We walk out of there trying to soak everything in. Still not fully sold that what just happened…really did just happen!

You know, an Emmy is great, but if you were not at this party I must say it was its own award and its own reward and it is something that I may not be able to display on my mantle, but the memory is forever forged in my mind and something I would like to thank our host for providing.

We want to thank the person who was lucky enough to attend to sending this into us.-Dr.FB

3 Comments »

Donc la setlist dans le désordre (et sans doute incomplète)
- Satisfied
- Beggin’ Woman Blues
- Cream
- U Got The Look
- A Love Bizzare

- Crimson and Clover, 1969 (Tommy James and the Shondells) Wiki / YouTube
- Wild Thing (Chip Taylor, 1965) Wiki / Youtube
- Be Happy (Mary J. Blige, 1994) YouTube
- Let’s Go (The Cars, 1979) YouTube
- Long Train Running (Doobie Brothers, 1973) YouTube
- Lady Cab Driver
- Come Together
- With a Little Help from My Friends, 1967 (The Beatles) Wiki / YouTube
- Controversy
- Sexy Dancer

- Thank You (Sly and The Family Stone, 1969)
- Play That Funky Music (Robert Parissi, 1976 (Wild Cherry)) Wiki
- Superstition (Stevie Wonder, 1972)
- Chelsea Rodgers
- Let's Go Crazy
- Purple Rain
Modifié en dernier par Vincent2Paris le 23 septembre 2008, 20:28, modifié 1 fois.
NICO-BASSTIC
Official Member
Official Member
fan depuis : 1988

23 septembre 2008, 14:50

Vous pouvez raller tout ce que vous voullez (le public, le set-list, tout), moi je trouve ça énorme! Il n'y a que lui qui fait ça!
Vincent2Paris
Official Member
Official Member

23 septembre 2008, 14:55

râler
Strollin'dadal
Official Member
Official Member

23 septembre 2008, 14:59

Ben oui, je ne râle pas souvent, mais les reprises, c'est sans doute ce que je trouve de plus gonflos chez lui. Si l'on en croit la liste postée par V2P, ça fait la moitié du set composé de reprises. je trouve ça fou. Envie de se re-émanciper? Par rapport à son propre style de composition cette fois ci? J'aimerai savoir ce qui le motive dans cette direction.
sim theury
Administrateur
Administrateur
fan depuis : 1989

23 septembre 2008, 17:49

Lady Cab Driver !?
You-hou !!! :P
dionne
Official Member
Official Member

23 septembre 2008, 18:53

C'est une soirée privée donc pas d'obligation pour Prince de jouer un set composé pour la majorité de titres perso, de plus le thème c'était pas karaoké? Logique donc pour lui de balancer des standards en masse, jouer ses gros tubes et en guise de surprise ce Ladycab Driver. Pour ce genre de party ça ne m'étonne guère, en tout cas lui à l'air d'y prendre de plus en plus de plaisir...
odelay
Official Member
Official Member

23 septembre 2008, 20:23

Lady Cab Driver 8O yo!!

Long Train Running :? Heu... il va quand même pas se mettre à faire les grosses chansons US bien FM. Je l'ai toujours trouvée très beauf cette chanson.

Sinon pour Be Happy, étant donné qu'à Londres à l'Indigo c'était le titre de Mary J. Blidge qu'il chantait (ou plutot Shleby), c'est pratiquement sûr qu'il s'agit de celui là.
Vincent2Paris
Official Member
Official Member

23 septembre 2008, 20:31

odelay a écrit :Sinon pour Be Happy, étant donné qu'à Londres à l'Indigo c'était le titre de Mary J. Blige qu'il chantait (ou plutot Shelby), c'est pratiquement sûr qu'il s'agit de celui là.
Merci pour l'info. J'ai rectifié.
Strollin'dadal
Official Member
Official Member

24 septembre 2008, 01:23

Ç'aurait pu être sympa de reprendre Bobby McFerrin justement. Solo a toujours été une de mes performances princières préférées, et il pourait continuer dans une voie/x plus expérimentale de ce type.
niko67
Official Member
Official Member

24 septembre 2008, 15:28

Yes ! Content de savoir qu'il a rejoué Lady Cab Driver...

Une soirée "je m'la pète" hollywoodienne comme il en a enchaîné quelques unes ces derniers mois, se posant comment l'organisateur et animateur de l'Afterparty post awards à la mode pour cette période 2006/2008.

Maintenant que cet énième "titre de gloire" est assuré et ajoute une ligne de stat supplémentaire à son palmarès, il pourrait passer à autre chose...

Enfin, s'il s'en amuse toujours, j'en suis heureux pour lui.
Lovesexy
Official Member
Official Member

24 septembre 2008, 18:09

Lady Cab Driver ?! Bientôt "Gett Off" et "Darling Nikki", alors !!!!! ça commencerait à sentir bon ??? :wink:
Dites à quelqu'un qu'il y a 300 milliards d'étoiles dans l'univers et il vous croira, dites lui que la peinture n'est pas sèche, et il aura besoin de toucher pour en être sûr.
Elvis Paisley
Official Member
Official Member
fan depuis : 1982

24 septembre 2008, 18:17

Lovesexy a écrit :Lady Cab Driver ?! Bientôt "Gett Off" et "Darling Nikki", alors !!!!! ça commencerait à sentir bon ??? :wink:
Oui enfin, on va calmer les ardeurs, c'était une version quasi instrumentale expurgée des paroles les plus tendancieuses...
Chak
Administrateur
Administrateur

24 septembre 2008, 18:21

Il etait temps qu'il s'en souvienne de celle-là. J'ai failli faire une lettre de reclamation.
pense bien et tout ira bien.
aprilinparis7
Official Member
Official Member
fan depuis : 1789

13 septembre 2011, 09:10

Lovesexy
Official Member
Official Member

13 septembre 2011, 11:25

Mais c'est... Olive Snook ;-) M'étonnes pas que Prince ait voulu faire le joli coeur avec ce petit volcan en fusion :rouge: En blonde au yeux bleus, elle semble sorti du même moule que Mayte : jolie, petit gabarit, sensibilité artistique... Par contre, elle doit bien avoir une vingtaine d'année de plus qu'Andy Allo :mrgreen: :siffle:
Dites à quelqu'un qu'il y a 300 milliards d'étoiles dans l'univers et il vous croira, dites lui que la peinture n'est pas sèche, et il aura besoin de toucher pour en être sûr.
Répondre

Retourner vers « Archives des News [2002-2012] »