Interview de Prince sur le site du Daily Mirror

Répondre
baretto
Official Member
Official Member

05 juillet 2010, 14:53

Diffusé ce matin l'interview a paraitre dans le daily Mirror :

Prince - world exclusive interview: Peter Willis goes inside the star's secret world
By Peter Willis 5/07/2010

..but living legend sacks him after 2 minutes on drums

My audience with Prince has taken a bizarre downward turn.

Im trying to interview the rock legend but hes more interested in an impromptu jam session on the stage of his private concert hall with me on drums.

Were two minutes into Beatles classic Come Together and Im getting into my stride when I become aware that Prince is staring across at me and wincing.

Stop! Stop! Stop! he shouts, slamming his hand down on his purple grand piano. Have you ever seen The Apprentice on TV? Cos Youre fired!

I protest. Lets take it from the top again, I suggest. But too late. Ive blown it.

Still, there cant be many people whove been hired and fired by Prince, all in the space of a few minutes.

My humiliation came at the end of an extraordinary day in which I was given a rare insight into the very private world of one of the greatest rock stars on the planet. A living legend who has sold more than 100 million albums over 30 years.

Prince agreed to his first British -newspaper interview for 10 years before his eagerly anticipated new album 20TEN which, in the biggest music giveaway of the year, will be released free in the UK only in the Daily Mirror this Saturday.

The interview almost doesnt happen. Then its on as long as I can meet him the very next day at his home town of -Minneapolis in the US Midwest (and Im ordered not to bring a camera, mobile phone or tape recorder).

After a transatlantic dash I arrive at the hotel to find Shelby, one of Princes backing singers, waiting to drive me down the road to his Paisley Park base a name thats as synonymous with Prince as Neverland was with Michael Jackson.

Id envisaged a lavish purple palace at the end of a winding lane, but it turns out to be a huge white 70,000 square foot building, more like an industrial complex, on a busy main road.

Shelby shows me into a room like a 50s diner and, before Ive had chance to sit down Prince strides in, beaming, with hand outstretched.

Im amazed. Where is the superstar entourage burly security, manic PRs and personal assistants?

Hi, he says, Im so glad you could come. His voice is deeper than I expected, hes certainly small (5ft 2in at most), looks almost half his age (52), and is dressed immaculately, if oddly, in white silk trousers, flouncy green silk shirt, an ivory tunic and white pumps (which, I suspect, are stacked).

You must come and listen to the album, he says. I hope you like it. Its great that it will be free to readers of your newspaper. I really believe in finding new ways to distribute my music.

He explains that he decided the album will be released in CD format only in the Mirror. Therell be no -downloads anywhere in the world because of his ongoing battles against internet abuses.

Unlike most other rock stars, he has banned YouTube and iTunes from using any of his music and has even closed down his own official website.

He says: The internets completely over. I dont see why I should give my new music to iTunes or anyone else. They wont pay me an advance for it and then they get angry when they cant get it.

The internets like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good.

They just fill your head with numbers and that cant be good for you.

Then he leads me to his recording studio and urges me to sit in his leather swivel chair at the enormous mixing desk. Wow! Ive finally arrived at the epicentre of Princes world the scene of fabledall-night-long sessions in which he apparently plays up to 27 instruments.

This is where the genius behind classics such as Purple Rain, When Doves Cry, 1999 and Lets Go Crazy creates his music. The walls are a vibrant reddish purple, flickering candles line every ledge and the smell of incense fills the air.

Prince jabs a few buttons and hidden speakers burst into life with my preview. He looks at me searching for a reaction. All fears that it might be -uninspiring vanish as my foot starts tapping.

Its instantly infectious. Amazing.- Thankfully its a return to his early -blistering form which captivated millions of fans around the world and I love it.

This ones called Compassion, says Prince. But as I try to scribble it down he looks aghast, grabs my wrist and pleads: Please, please. Its a surprise, dont spoil it for people.

So why did you decide to call the album 20TEN? I ask. I just think its a year that really matters, he says. These are very trying times.

To emphasise the point he chivvies me into another room, switches on the TV and shows me clips from an evangelical TV documentary blaming corporate America for a range of woes from Hurricane Katrina to asthmatic children.

He says one problem is that people, especially young people, dont have enough God in their lives.

Prince has been a devout Jehovahs Witness for more than 10 years.

He even has a space set aside which hes labelled The Knowledge Room, with a library of religious books.

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/201 ... z0so9ZMfG8
sim theury
Administrateur
Administrateur
fan depuis : 1989

06 juillet 2010, 13:00

A quelques passage prés c'est exactement la même chose que l'interview de FestivalGids (déjà traduite)
blackhat
Official Member
Official Member

06 juillet 2010, 13:17

sim theury a écrit :A quelques passage prés c'est exactement la même chose que l'interview de FestivalGids (déjà traduite)
c'est aussi ce que je me suis dit.
et c'est ça qui est étrange : ce n'est pas le même gars qui a écrit.
le journaliste du daily mirror n'aurai quand même pas tout repompé sur son collègue ??!!
ou alors prince aurait fait 2 fois le coup de la batterie et de tout le reste ??! ce qui est tout aussi étrange, je trouve.

par contre il est tout aussi déçu que moi que paisley park ne soit pas un palais violet !!
baxtos
Official Member
Official Member

06 juillet 2010, 16:13

Oui cette interview identique pour les 2 quotidiens est juste incompréhensible. Il y a bien 2-3 détails qui changrnt... Je commence à me demander si ce n'est pas juste une grosse arnaque promotionnelle ces "interviews".

A creuser....
Purple Dinosaur
SIGNO'THETOM
Official Member
Official Member
fan depuis : 1986

06 juillet 2010, 23:28

c'est pas la peine, ça parait bien être une interview identique et remodelée selon les magazines...
LOVE4ONEANOTHER IS THE ONLY WAY!
VINNIE
Official Member
Official Member

07 juillet 2010, 00:21

La suite de cet article parue ajourd'hui dans le Daily Mirror n'a plus rien à voir avec la première qui ressemblait plus qu'étrangement à l'aventure de notre ami belge à PP.
Cette fois-ci, il fait du porte à porte avec Prince et sa bible en main (sic) etc

Demain, il y aura la critique de l'album dans le Daily Mirror.
baretto
Official Member
Official Member

08 juillet 2010, 03:57

VINNIE a écrit :La suite de cet article parue ajourd'hui dans le Daily Mirror n'a plus rien à voir avec la première qui ressemblait plus qu'étrangement à l'aventure de notre ami belge à PP.
Cette fois-ci, il fait du porte à porte avec Prince et sa bible en main (sic) etc

Demain, il y aura la critique de l'album dans le Daily Mirror.
une review très positive sur l'album vient d'être publiée sur le site du Daily mirror. Il ont fait dubon boulot le DM. depuis une bonne semaine ils publient article sur article, plus les titres...même s'ils ont été retirés, juste après... :dance4me:
Répondre

Retourner vers « Archives des News [2002-2012] »