[Févier 2005] Prince fait la fête ( 3121)

Répondre
Jimipaisley
Modérateur
Modérateur
fan depuis : 1984

16 février 2005, 01:47

Lu sur le club, reportage de PP9:

PRINCE is slowly but surely shortening my time here on this earth. Everytime I go to one of his parties, I think I lose at least a year of my life. My blood starts quickening, my heart starts racing, I lose sleep and I start to sweat profusely. Maybe that's due to the fact that I can't stop dancing and tearing up his fine floor with my Manolo's.

This weekend was no exception. Saturday's Pre-Grammy party was busting out at the seams with a new band I hear Prince has put together that simmers with the sound of old soul. Young vocalist Ashley and keboardist/vocalist Frank McComb mesmerized sultry John Mayer, Floetry and a slew of movie power house execs: Donald DeLine, Nina Jacobson, Walter Parkes & Laurie MacDonald, Mike Sheresky and Nick Reed. It was interesting to watch "been there, seen it, done it" execs discover a whole new level of coolness when partying at a rock star's "casa de royale". Faith Evans and her entourage took over the pool room while Macy Gray, Jessica Simpson and Nikka Costa lounged in the richly dressed gazebo by the pool. Paris Hilton crashed the party just in time to see Prince perform with the band as John Legend, Mekhi Pfieffer, Goapele, Ani DiFranco, Jay Leno, Patti LaBelle, and Babyface, Will.I.Am from the BEP's and Pras cheered on.

Goodness! And that was just Saturday! I had no idea that my connection with a personal friend in the Prince camp would garner me a second invite to Sunday's party!

The Post Grammy party at "3121" received guests with a funky new song by the same title bumping in the background while beautiful girls passed out trays of chocolates as guests walked in.

The grand entrance was no preparation for what was to come. Let's preface it with saying I would gladly give up another year of my life if I could re-capture the moment that sparked Maceo Parker's band conjuring up Prince on keyboard and guitar trading off with Alicia Keys, on James Brown "Make it Funky" and it was.... until Stevie Wonder came on stage and gave everyone on the floor a refresher course on the true meaning of funk and soul -- Prince, Stevie, Maceo, Alicia and Matthew McConaughey on congas????!!!! Penelope Cruz, Salma Hayek, Mia Maestro, ?uestlove from the Roots, Malcom J Warner, Elijah Wood all had the opportunity to witness history in the making.

Unfortunately, the gates to the front door closed before the rest of the guests could get in:
Usher, Goapele, Mos Def, Q-Tip, Beyonce & Jay-Z, Faith Evans, Mekhi Pfieffer, Eddie Murphy, Wesley Snipes, Arsenio Hall, Jaime Foxx, Lawrence Fishburne, Gwen and Gavin, Shakira, John Mayer and Ricky Martin all missed out on "3121 xperience".

As the song goes, "3121.. u can come if u want 2 .. but u can never leave" ...
Well I finally did, at 7:30 am. May my epitaph read: "3121 killed me".

-VB
ZeChandler
Official Member
Official Member

16 février 2005, 02:12

C'est ce qui s'appelle faire monter le "buzz"!!
Jimipaisley
Modérateur
Modérateur

16 février 2005, 10:11

Erratum: reportage de VB et posté par PP9.
slimongi
Official Member
Official Member

16 février 2005, 11:04

Jimipaisley a écrit :Lu sur le club, reportage de PP9:

PRINCE is slowly but surely shortening my time here on this earth. Everytime I go to one of his parties, I think I lose at least a year of my life. My blood starts quickening, my heart starts racing, I lose sleep and I start to sweat profusely. Maybe that's due to the fact that I can't stop dancing and tearing up his fine floor with my Manolo's.

This weekend was no exception. Saturday's Pre-Grammy party was busting out at the seams with a new band I hear Prince has put together that simmers with the sound of old soul. Young vocalist Ashley and keboardist/vocalist Frank McComb mesmerized sultry John Mayer, Floetry and a slew of movie power house execs: Donald DeLine, Nina Jacobson, Walter Parkes & Laurie MacDonald, Mike Sheresky and Nick Reed. It was interesting to watch "been there, seen it, done it" execs discover a whole new level of coolness when partying at a rock star's "casa de royale". Faith Evans and her entourage took over the pool room while Macy Gray, Jessica Simpson and Nikka Costa lounged in the richly dressed gazebo by the pool. Paris Hilton crashed the party just in time to see Prince perform with the band as John Legend, Mekhi Pfieffer, Goapele, Ani DiFranco, Jay Leno, Patti LaBelle, and Babyface, Will.I.Am from the BEP's and Pras cheered on.

Goodness! And that was just Saturday! I had no idea that my connection with a personal friend in the Prince camp would garner me a second invite to Sunday's party!

The Post Grammy party at "3121" received guests with a funky new song by the same title bumping in the background while beautiful girls passed out trays of chocolates as guests walked in.

The grand entrance was no preparation for what was to come. Let's preface it with saying I would gladly give up another year of my life if I could re-capture the moment that sparked Maceo Parker's band conjuring up Prince on keyboard and guitar trading off with Alicia Keys, on James Brown "Make it Funky" and it was.... until Stevie Wonder came on stage and gave everyone on the floor a refresher course on the true meaning of funk and soul -- Prince, Stevie, Maceo, Alicia and Matthew McConaughey on congas????!!!! Penelope Cruz, Salma Hayek, Mia Maestro, ?uestlove from the Roots, Malcom J Warner, Elijah Wood all had the opportunity to witness history in the making.

Unfortunately, the gates to the front door closed before the rest of the guests could get in:
Usher, Goapele, Mos Def, Q-Tip, Beyonce & Jay-Z, Faith Evans, Mekhi Pfieffer, Eddie Murphy, Wesley Snipes, Arsenio Hall, Jaime Foxx, Lawrence Fishburne, Gwen and Gavin, Shakira, John Mayer and Ricky Martin all missed out on "3121 xperience".

As the song goes, "3121.. u can come if u want 2 .. but u can never leave" ...
Well I finally did, at 7:30 am. May my epitaph read: "3121 killed me".

-VB

C quoi ce new Groupe> 1 groupe à la Vanity 6/appolonia 6...à la the Time?/The Family?>>>çà m'inquiète!!
.......new groupe?>......new song? > new album?...........C bien mystérieux tout çà :roll:
Funkygirl
Official Member
Official Member

16 février 2005, 12:14

Attendez là... C'est mon anglais qui n'est pas au top où je suis en train de lire que Prince à joué avec Frank McComb et Floetry :?: :?: 8O 8)

Allez, soyez gentils, j'ai bien compris ou je me fais un film :?: :P
now_bx
Official Member
Official Member

16 février 2005, 12:54

Funkygirl a écrit : Allez, soyez gentils, j'ai bien compris ou je me fais un film :?: :P
T'as bien compris - à ce que j'ai moi meme compris . :lol:

Après le truc c'est savoir si le "new band that Prince has put together" dont ils font partie n'étaient qu'un groupe pour l'occasion ou un groupe avec lequel il bosse .... là c'est un peu plus flou ... 8)
Greghost
Official Member
Official Member
fan depuis : 1989

16 février 2005, 13:04

ça semble être plus un gros jam entre "grosses pointures" : le plus amusant c'est tout ceux qui sont restés derrière la porte.
Gregory looks just like a ghost...
yace
Official Member
Official Member

16 février 2005, 13:14

Non, Floetry comme John Mayer font partie des gens hypnotisés ("mesmerized" dans le texte) par la jeune chanteuse Ashley et le clavier/chanteur Frank Mac Comb.

Sauf erreur :

> Ashley :

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/4/ashleyballard.htm

> Franck Mac Comb :

http://www.frankmccombmusic.com/
http://www.soultracks.com/frank_mccomb.htm
http://www.fnac.com/1098071/rcwwwa/Love ... -Comb.html

"Renato, Rhonda, mon p'tit John vous passerez prendre votre chèque à la comptabilité" :wink:
Funkygirl
Official Member
Official Member

16 février 2005, 18:18

Merci merci pour ces précisions... Frank McComb !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :up: :jump: :jump2: (cet album Love Stories est un MUST absolu... :P , The Truth est un ton en dessous et j'attends de pied ferme le dernier "Straight From The Vault" qui vient de sortir... et qu'il devait m'envoyer mais je vois pourquoi çà tarde maintenant 8) )

Et Floetry..... :jump2: :cobra: :aime: :aime2:

Ben voilà, c'est la news de la journée :lol:
yace
Official Member
Official Member

16 février 2005, 18:33

Warning II : dans le report, Floetry = spectateur pas musicien.
Jamie Starr
Official Member
Official Member

16 février 2005, 19:01

"3212"...c'était pas un test du micro ? :langue:
yace
Official Member
Official Member

16 février 2005, 19:24

"The Post Grammy party at "3121" received guests with a funky new song by the same title"

il me semblerait plutôt que ce soit l'adresse de la résidence de Prince à Beverly Hills, le numéro plus exactement, le titre de la chanson est donc un clin d'oeil à cette adresse où se tient la fête.
Bob l'éponge
Official Member
Official Member
fan depuis : 94

16 février 2005, 22:44

yace a écrit :"The Post Grammy party at "3121" received guests with a funky new song by the same title"

il me semblerait plutôt que ce soit l'adresse de la résidence de Prince à Beverly Hills, le numéro plus exactement, le titre de la chanson est donc un clin d'oeil à cette adresse où se tient la fête.
il n'a jamais été dit le contraire.
Funkygirl
Official Member
Official Member

17 février 2005, 13:09

yace a écrit :Warning II : dans le report, Floetry = spectateur pas musicien.
Oui oui j'avais intégré... 8) Mais qd même, ravie qu'ils se cotoient... Y'a plus qu'à espérer qu'ils collaborent un jour ensemble... :P
Ceyb
Official Member
Official Member

17 février 2005, 19:38

slimongi a écrit : C quoi ce new Groupe> 1 groupe à la Vanity 6/appolonia 6...à la the Time?/The Family?>>>çà m'inquiète!!
.......new groupe?>......new song? > new album?...........C bien mystérieux tout çà :roll:

J'avais lu la semaine dernière qu'il travaillait sur un "side project", et que s'il aboutissait il lui servirait d'ouverture pour sa prochaine tournée estivale :roll:

Au vu de la soirée de dimanche, cette rumeur n'était pas fausse, donc c'est peut-être la vérité, Prince travaille sérieusement sur un nouveau groupe :?:

Ceyb *
Chak
Administrateur
Administrateur
fan depuis : 1988

16 août 2009, 22:31

Questlove raconte une anecdote sur sa rencontre avec Prince en compagnie d'Eddie Murphy (pendant la semaine des Grammies 2005) :
http://hypnagogics.com/questo/#Eddie-Murphy
Vincent2Paris
Official Member
Official Member

16 août 2009, 22:52

Chak a écrit :Questlove raconte une anecdote sur sa rencontre avec Prince en compagnie d'Eddie Murphy (pendant la semaine des Grammies 2005) :
http://hypnagogics.com/questo/#Eddie-Murphy
thank u 8)
Répondre

Retourner vers « Archives des News [2002-2012] »