slimongi
Official Member
Official Member
fan depuis : 1984

21 septembre 2012, 11:01

Partie 1 :

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertain ... umn?page=1

A peek into Prince's mind
The Tribune's Greg Kot gets a look behind the scenes as the musician and his 20-member ensemble rehearse for this week's United Center residency

Greg KotMusic critic
5:04 p.m. CDT, September 20, 2012

CHANHASSEN, Minn.— Prince is rolling his eyes.
"The hardest thing with musicians," he explains to a visitor to his Paisley Park recording studio, "is getting them not to play."

The quintuple-threat singer-songwriter-producer-performer-multi-instrumentalist is running a nine-piece band through a vigorous rehearsal in preparation for a Monday-Wednesday residency at the United Center, and right now the arrangements are getting too busy for his liking. He's like a drill sergeant in a brown, button-up, Asian-style long coat with a hypnotist's lulling voice.

"John, what's the thing you're doing?" he asks John Blackwell, as if he were asking his drummer to pass a bag of potato chips. "Your time changed again and it got boomy and ugly." To a guitarist he calmly advises, "You should throw that pedal away ... it's just taking up too much space frequency-wise." To his bassist: "I wouldn't thumb this, either. Mute it. Mute it."

No big deal. The musicians comply and recalibrate. A little accent on the cymbal here, an up-stroke on the guitar strings there, and everything moves a little closer to the sound Prince imagines.

The singer wants to hear different combinations of instruments — guitars with drums, then with keyboards and bass; voices a cappella, then with tambourines and drums — and he is constantly tweaking, adjusting voicings ("give that last chord more value"), humming individual parts and then seeing how they gel. Much of this band has been with him for several years as he's traveled the world during his extended "Welcome 2" tour, usually playing long runs in major cities where he can vary the set lists nightly, explore every contour of his songbook and cover artists and songs both legendary (Wild Cherry's "Play That Funky Music") and surprising (Tommy James and the Shondells' "Crimson and Clover"). He wants more musical options ready for Chicago, and that's why he's pushing so hard at this rehearsal.

"Only a few days left," he says, almost to himself. Right now, he is aiming for absence, trying to carve space into the music where it can become something sexy and sinuous. At one point, to illustrate a point he invokes the Chuck Berry movie "Hail! Hail! Rock 'n' Roll." He describes a scene where Berry goes ballistic, accusing someone of changing his amplifier.

"Chuck Berry went 'St. Louis' on my boy," Prince says, throwing an air punch and laughing. The band cracks up. "Movie night!" one of his backing singers cackles.

Throwing a little mirth in the businesslike atmosphere seems to unlock something in everyone, and the parts that Prince has so carefully orchestrated start to pop and fire. "Which way is up?" the backing singers chant. "I got a new lease on life."

Now Prince is dancing with a huge, dimpled grin beneath his tight Afro.

"When the horns get on top of this," he exults, "Lord have mercy!"

As if on cue, 11 horn players drift into the room and take their place on the riser, the brass adding even more heft and swing to the stew of instruments. Pleased, Prince gives the entire 20-member ensemble a two-hour dinner break before everyone reconvenes later in the night.

He walks out into a hallway and into one of the offices in his cavernous, 70,000-square-foot property in the rolling hills southwest of Minneapolis.

"Remember the scene in (the movie) 'Amadeus,' where he's dying, and he's hearing the music in his head?" Prince asks. "It becomes impossible to explain. He doesn't have the vocabulary. Now, I'm short — literally and also when I speak — and it's easy to get all, 'Can't you hear this? Can't you hear what I'm hearing?' And so I use humor when I feel my blood pressure going up."

He also leans on his Bible lessons. A devout Jehovah's Witness for two decades, Prince says his Bible teacher was none other than soul-music great Larry Graham, the bassist in Sly and the Family Stone.

"He told me, 'Keep studying. There are things they don't explain at Bible school, so it's up to you to keep learning.'"

So too for music.

"I nearly had a nervous breakdown on 'The Purple Rain' tour (in 1984) because it was the same every night," he says. "It's work to play the same songs the same way for 70 shows. To me, it's not work to learn lots of different songs so that the experience is fresh to us each night."

Prince had made albums entirely on his own, playing all the instruments, singing all the vocals, writing and arranging all the songs. But now he savors the relationship he has with musicians such as Blackwell and keyboardist Cassandra O'Neal.

"My favorite instrument?” he says. "It's the band."
La connerie c'est la décontraction de l'intelligence
alexoneal
Official Member
Official Member

21 septembre 2012, 11:22

:mrgreen:

Partie 2 :

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertain ... umn?page=2

Though his musicians are highly skilled, he says technical ability is not the primary attribute he looks for when auditioning potential band members.

"They need heart, the willingness to try something different," he says. "When something's funky, everyone gravitates toward it. I love to see the joy when they can feel it happening."

Like Count Basie, Duke Ellington, James Brown, Sly Stone and George Clinton before him, Prince is taking the notion of what live performance can be to another level by combining composition and improvisation, precision and spontaneity. When he last performed in Chicago in 2004, he had built his band up through theater tours until it was ready to perform at a high level on a huge scale. His arena tour that year was a major commercial and critical success, pulling in more than $87 million in revenue and reviving Prince's career.

Now the music industry is in such a chaotic state of transition that he doesn't see much point in releasing the music he records "all the time" at Paisley Park. Once upon a time, new Prince albums flowed like water, particularly once he dropped out of the major-label system in the mid-'90s. In both 2003 and '04, he released three albums each year through various channels. But he hasn't released any new albums since 2010.

The artist who pioneered using the Internet as a way to communicate with his fans and distribute music in the '90s, declared the Internet "over" in 2010. His experiences with selling music through his Web sites were poorly managed and alienated many fans, so now he has no website. He says digital services such as iTunes and Spotify don't impress him.

"Remember Betamax?" Prince says with a grin, referring to the outmoded video cassette format. "That's the system we've got now in the music business. We're in a singles market again. It's crazy for me to walk into that with a new album. Young people have decided they like to listen to music in a certain way, through ear buds, and that's fine with me as long as it doesn't bother them that they're not hearing 90 percent of the music that way. But I don't have to record to eat or to get out of debt or to pay my taxes. I looked forward to the day I could do this. Freedom is an interesting thing. You have to work really hard to get free."

At one point, he turns to ask, "So what do you think the future of all this is going to be?" There are no sure answers. Nobody knows. And that's both a daunting and thrilling prospect. What excites him most, he says, is helping new artists. The 21-year-old drummer Hanna Ford is on his list of future band members. He's already jammed with rising jazz star Esperanza Spalding. He flips on video of a solo performance by the young British folk-soul singer Lianne La Havas. "She is Joni Mitchell to me, the way she tells a story, the way she puts those interesting guitar chords underneath it."

The next minute he's taking a call from his protege, Andy Allo, who will perform with him in Chicago. He moves to another room upstairs where he has two large computer screens set up, and he toggles between a video-in-progress of Allo and a video of a recent "Welcome 2" tour date in Australia. Then he dials up a YouTube video of the '70s singer Betty Davis, a gritty track called "If I'm in Luck, I Might Get Picked Up."

"I don't want anyone to fail, so if you can make money off music even though you can't sing or dance, that's genius," he says with a laugh. "More power to you. But I play Betty Davis for Andy Allo and say, 'This is what we aim for.'"

Prince has said repeatedly that he's not a great businessman, and he's taken his share of wrong turns in trying to fashion himself into a one-man music industry. But he is great at building bands, making music and inspiring people to dance. Though he's 54, he looks and moves like a much younger man. In part, he says, that's because the stress that dominated his life for much of the '80s and '90s is gone.

A new single, "RNR Affair," provides a small window into his life. It's a horn-spackled, guitar-chugging ode to "two people in love, with nothin' but the road ahead." A relaxed, sing-speak vocal rides the groove, then ascends to falsetto.

"It's a driving song," Prince says. "The world is so jagged, I like smooth waves. It's the way I live now. When Larry (Graham) first came around here (in the '90s) we had a lot of crazy people in here. Now, no one argues, no one swears, no one smokes, no one talks harsh. We all enjoy each other. You don't know what that's like till you start living like that, because for a long time I didn't. It was affecting me up here (points to his head), which in turn affected me here (points to throat). I changed the way I operate. A lot of my contemporaries didn't. That's the reason I'm still here, and a lot of them aren't."

It troubled him when people started to write him off in the '90s, when the hits dried up and he began playing smaller venues, partially by design.

"I had a former band member tell the media, 'He'll never play arenas again,'” Prince says. "Now why would someone want to go and say a thing like that?"

The singer gets defiant.

"That's like telling Michael Jordan he can't play any more. Like telling Ali he's washed up." Despite the bravado, he circles back to the topic later in the conversation. He'd like to suggest that the criticism bounces off him, that he's tougher than that. But he doesn't forget. The hurt lingers. He describes letters that the Chicago singer Mavis Staples wrote him in the '80s when they began working together on a couple of her solo albums: "They were so full of encouragement. You don't get much of that in this business."

And his eyes glisten when he recalls a few words spoken to him at the Jehovah's Witness Kingdom Hall just a few hundred yards down the road from Paisley Park, where he regularly attends Bible study.

"I had missed a bunch of meetings because I was on tour, and you know how people like to gossip and talk behind your back? Well, there was none of that," he says. "When I came back, there was one older person there who came up to me. He didn't lay a guilt trip on me. He just spoke with love and compassion, and I'll never forget what he said. 'We just miss you.'"

Rehearsal is about to resume, and he relishes the work ahead even though he's tired.

"You know what I look at when I'm stage? I look for the smile on people's faces. That's what I want, where I put all my energy."

He leans back in his chair.

"I remember those Park West shows (in Chicago) that I played when I was just starting out. I'll dream about the Park West sometime. I can see it so clearly in my dreams, that wide open look from the stage, the people right up on you. Those were life-changing shows."

And then, his heels click down the hallway toward the rehearsal hall. The band is still settling in, but the music has already started inside Prince's head.

greg@gregkot.com

Twitter @gregkot

Copyright © 2012, Chicago Tribune
RnRFunky
Elvis Paisley
Official Member
Official Member
fan depuis : 1982

21 septembre 2012, 11:26

Bon ben c'est pas demain la veille qu'on aura le nouveau triple-album de Prince, hein... :mrgreen:
alexoneal
Official Member
Official Member

21 septembre 2012, 11:29

^ pas grave... on ira voir les shows de Chicago au cinéma, en 3D ! :mrgreen:
RnRFunky
slimongi
Official Member
Official Member

21 septembre 2012, 11:50

Allez je tourne la page princière .....salut à tous....ce fût 1 PLAISIR!!!

:merci:
La connerie c'est la décontraction de l'intelligence
ronnie talks to francia
Official Member
Official Member
fan depuis : 1995

21 septembre 2012, 12:20

alexoneal a écrit : In both 2003 and '04, he released three albums each year through various channels.

euhhh :perplex: ,même en comptant NEWS,CNOTE,Musicology,Chocolate invasion, the slaughterhouse, j'en ai manqué au moins UN je crois, someone PM me ? :]
alexoneal a écrit : "You know what I look at when I'm stage? I look for the smile on people's faces. That's what I want, where I put all my energy."
ne parlais-je pas de ça récemment? alors quand vous êtes en concert, souriez, jump up & down et vous verrez ce qu'il y aura en retour.

sinon, en lisant le passage RR love affair, je viens de me demander si effectivement ça relate ses amourettes avec Andy, on s'est un peu enflammé je crois, même s'il est clair que l'histoire pourrait coller.De tte façon , comme je le dis depuis le début, c'est surprenant qu'il s'étale comme ça sur le sujet.
patoune
Official Member
Official Member
fan depuis : 1989

21 septembre 2012, 12:31

Pareil que Slimongi. C'est officiel, les TJ lui ont littéralement grillé le cerveau. C'est reparti pour 5 ans de W2nowhere...Plus rien à attendre. Je retourne écouter wonderful ass, The Line et Me touch myself. Et d'autres artistes surtout ! (MJ à Wembley en 88 par exemple...)
alexoneal
Official Member
Official Member

21 septembre 2012, 12:32

ronnie talks to francia a écrit :
alexoneal a écrit : In both 2003 and '04, he released three albums each year through various channels.

euhhh :perplex: ,même en comptant NEWS,CNOTE,Musicology,Chocolate invasion, the slaughterhouse, j'en ai manqué au moins UN je crois, someone PM me ? :]
...Xpectation ! ::d

Sinon, Ronnie...ce n'est pas moi qui ait écrit cela, c'est Greg Kot du Chicago Tribune... :mrgreen:
ronnie talks to francia a écrit :
alexoneal a écrit : "You know what I look at when I'm stage? I look for the smile on people's faces. That's what I want, where I put all my energy."
Là, par contre, c'est moi ! ::d

J'adore cette phrase !
Cela prouve bien qu'il est heureux sur scène et qu'il veut le faire partager ! :super:
RnRFunky
AHOUA
Official Member
Official Member

21 septembre 2012, 12:34

Voilà Voilà... bien pour lui tout ça.
On peut retourner à nos occupations.
ronnie talks to francia
Official Member
Official Member

21 septembre 2012, 12:39

@Alex , arff , en fait c'est CNOTE que j'ai cité par erreur ,j'aurais dû dire Xpectation, car CNOTE , j'écoute jamais ; ok le compte est bon
AHOUA a écrit :Voilà Voilà... bien pour lui tout ça.
On peut retourner à nos occupations.
nonnon , avant ça , je propose de recommencer mon sondage en éliminant une certaine option
questions-debats/the-best-him-t16709.html
(c'est pas qu'à toi que je m'adresse :mrgreen: )
FunkyDancer
Official Member
Official Member

21 septembre 2012, 13:00

slimongi a écrit :Allez je tourne la page princière .....salut à tous....ce fût 1 PLAISIR!!!

:merci:
Là je ne comprends pas, il vient d'expliquer qu'il y avait une toute nouvelle section de cuivres (11!!) pour un total de 20 personnes sur scène, moi c'est ce que j’appelle un renouvellement !

Pourquoi tourner la page avant même d'avoir écouté ce que ça donne ?

Rien que ça suffit à me faire penser qu'il n'est pas le "retraité qui s'autoplagie" comme j'ai pu le lire ici.
Il tente de nouvelles choses, veut donner une nouvelle couleur à sa musique.
Si ca ce trouve à Chicago, il va jouer la totalité de Superconductor, Hide The Bone, Get Wild, America et We Can Funk.
Et là vous serez les premiers à baver pour trouver des enregistrements.

Prince avec 11 cuivres, c'est du jamais vu . Oui, jamais vu, aujourd’hui en 2012.
Arrêtez d'attendre du passé, il faut vivre avec son temps, d'autant plus que Prince & les cuivres, ça a toujours fait bon ménage...
AHOUA
Official Member
Official Member

21 septembre 2012, 13:38

Je pense que la déception de Slimongi évoquait plus l’abandon de toute sortie discographique.
Oui les cuivres sont une bonne nouvelle. Je continue à croire que ses futurs concerts seront intéressant.
A titre personnel, je regrette que tout ce qu'il enregistre ne sorte pas de Paisley Park, où alors le strict minimum, alors que je ne doute pas un seul instant que dans le lot il doit y avoir d'excellentes choses.
ronnie talks to francia
Official Member
Official Member

21 septembre 2012, 13:43

FunkyDancer a écrit : Arrêtez d'attendre du passé, il faut vivre avec son temps...
il y a un épisode de Scrubs où un gars a comaté de 1983 à 2007 , en décomatant, il était à fond dans le moonwalk, ....il sont nombreux ici , ceux qui joueraient cet épisode en situation réelle sans ttefois avoir comaté. ne te fatigue pas, c'est peine perdue ! :perv:
bhanlarouge
Official Member
Official Member

21 septembre 2012, 15:04

Et bien cette interview m'a agréablement surprise. Pour une fois qu'on n'a pas d'énormités.

Et je ne la lis comme ça :
Il va tourner un DVD ou BR (évoqué dans l'autre interview) de son show Welcome 2 Chicago, pour permettre aux gens de le "voir". Pourquoi ? Parce qu'il va arrêter ce concept, non ? Sinon pourquoi sortir un DVD, s'il continue de tourner ce concept ?

Parce que Prince soigne tout particulièrement ses prestations live à sortir en DVD/BR, il fait répéter le groupe tout l'été, remplace AA par Mike Scott, monte une section de 11 cuivres pour que ça en jette sur les morceaux "funk".

Bref il fait de ce Welcome 2 Chicago un truc vraiment soigné, répété à la perfection, il le filme et après il passera à autre chose. Le DVD/BR servira à consolider sa réputation de performer, ce qui contribuera à attirer les gens à ses concerts. Comme il fait la chasse aux videos sur YT, il pourra même en vendre raisonnablement.

Franchement, je vois pas de mauvaise nouvelles. Le futur nous dira ce qu'il en est. Je suis pas inquiète.
benito
Official Member
Official Member
fan depuis : 2001

21 septembre 2012, 15:12

Moi aussi ce que qui semble être une nouvelle formule du NPG (Ida à la guitare, Mike Scott, un nouveau bassiste, 2nd batteur) me fait plutôt envie, mais au vu de tous ces derniers concerts je m'attends davantage à ce que cette section de cuivres n'apparaisse que pour 2,3 morceaux (Musicology et Dance Disco Heat par exemple)... :mrgreen:

Ce dont je rêve par contre c'est qu'elle ne quitte pas la scène et que le groupe tourne à la James Brown avec 2 batteries en continu.

On verra bien...
More candy 4 u
Official Member
Official Member
fan depuis : le film purple rain

21 septembre 2012, 15:16

Aucun fan ici ne doit partir ,il n'a pas dit qu il n'enregistrerait plus jamais...
Il a dit qu il a besoin de cette sérénité qu il trouve auprés des témoins d eJéhovah ,il faut croire qu ils savent y faire mieux que les fans....savent lui parler ,l'accueillir... :] sans le culpabiliser :siffle:
je pense que pour lui c'est presque vital ,s'il continuait aux rythmes d'avant et avec son "optique " d'avant il en tomberait malade (il évoque sa tension en hausse ,pointe sa téte (pour signifier dépression?)et sa gorge ( risque de voix éraillée ?)Il trouve son équilibre chez les tJ ,semblent y trouver l'harmonie avec son entourage a paisley...il y trouve son compte ,lui qui aime un monde sans vague... (" i like smooth waves ,i like the way i live now" )on ne peut pas lui reprocher de prendre soin de lui,chacun son truc ,nous c'est prince (entre autre) et lui c'est jéhovah ,dsl :rouge:
cela ne l'empéche pas d étre toujours dans l'actu de ses concerts,de s'investir a fond ,il sait ce qu il veut ( mais surement tyrannique avec son groupe) et s'interesser a d'autres (Lianne la Havas ,Andy ,etc...)il n'a pas dit qu il n'enregistrerait plus jamais...
mais uen chose semble sur ,les témoins et les fans ne regardent pas ds la méme direction et n'attendent pas la méme chose de lui... :oups: :-|
comment faire? :perplex: :hehe:
edit je ne pense pas que le mettre une pression incessante pour un nouvel album soit une solution,au contraire ,il va se braquer complétement :triste2: (je l'adoooore :yes: )
Modifié en dernier par More candy 4 u le 21 septembre 2012, 15:31, modifié 1 fois.
" The time I burned my guitar it was like a sacrifice. You sacrifice the things you love. I love my guitar". Jimi Hendrix
JpweB
Administrateur
Administrateur
fan depuis : 1987

21 septembre 2012, 15:30

C'est un peu enfoncer une porte ouverte, mais faut quand même rappeler que le gars a sorti quasiment un album par an depuis 1978. Certaines années il en sortait même plusieurs. Et il n'y a pas si longtemps que ça (10 ans), il faisait encore preuve d'une sacrée productivité (remember la période NPGMusicClub?).

Il est un peu normal qu'à 50 balais bien tassés, il sente le besoin de ralentir le rythme coté sortie de disques, d'autant que la situation de l'industrie musicale actuelle ne semble pas lui convenir.
We are the New Power Forum !
funkygemini69
Official Member
Official Member

21 septembre 2012, 19:34

" But I don't have to record to eat or to get out of debt or to pay my taxes....."
Avec les ardoises qu'il a :mdr3:
Mais treves de plaisanteries ,c'est interessant de lire son point de vue sur la musique passée et actuelle .
Et aussi surtout quand il expose sa méthode de travail ,sa vision,sa maniere de tirer la quintessence de ses musiciens pour les emmener la ou il souhaite (dans la veine des Duke Ellington, James Brown, Clinton,ou Miles Davis )
C'est toujours tres enrichissant .
C'est pour cela que j'apprecie tellement écouter et réecouter ,ses répets ou autres soundchecks .Cette discipline ,cette exigence qui ont été le ciment de sa réussite ,et cela tres tres tot (Very Impressing!) :amen:
Bon apres sa spiritualité tout ça ,si cela l'équilibre bon ça le regarde,mais nous on veut du GROS son !!!
J'espere que les cuivres ne viendront pas que pour une courte période .....(Meme un groupe réduit je prends aussi !!)
C'est sur aussi qu'on aura pas le droit a Irresistible Bitch ,Head ou autres titres sulfureux....
Quoique Prince est double et c'est ça qui rends completement dingue ,récemment dans le "samplerset" n' a t'il pas rebalancé Hot thing ,Darling Nikki,ou Nasty Girl ?? Larry a du faire la tronche 8|
Mais quoi qu'on en dise c'est surement a "cause" d'Andy qui a du reveillé son Tootsie Roll (give me some of your Chocolate!)
Andy aussi "kinky" que Betty Davis ???Parce que Betty avait l'air d'etre un sacré numéro .
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
“If you want to find the Secrets of the Universe, think in terms of Energy, Frequency and Vibration.” – Nikola Tesla
Ben Grim
Official Member
Official Member
fan depuis : 1991

21 septembre 2012, 20:48

S'il veut faire chanter If I'm in luck de Betty Davis à Andy Allo, je lui souhaite bien du courage...

Un petit chaton qui se mesure à une lionne terriblement sauvage...

Ben Grim
More candy 4 u
Official Member
Official Member
fan depuis : le film purple rain

21 septembre 2012, 22:22

le film "hail ,hail rock & roll" avec chuck berry c'est ça?
(extrait)
" The time I burned my guitar it was like a sacrifice. You sacrifice the things you love. I love my guitar". Jimi Hendrix
Ovni
Official Member
Official Member

22 septembre 2012, 00:08

Le titre dont il parle avec larry g à la basse :)

S'il joue çà , çà va dépotter ! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/embed/64OcpQC25V4
funkygemini69
Official Member
Official Member

22 septembre 2012, 00:24

Ben Grim a écrit :S'il veut faire chanter If I'm in luck de Betty Davis à Andy Allo, je lui souhaite bien du courage...

Un petit chaton qui se mesure à une lionne terriblement sauvage...

Ben Grim
Je crois que tu as bien résumé,et je vois mal Larry G jouer une musique aussi "Wild" et démoniaque :diable: ça serait un peu contradictoire avec ses croyances...???
Prince en perpétuelle dualité sous jacente ?
Betty Davis semblait du genre Very Hot Thing!!!
“If you want to find the Secrets of the Universe, think in terms of Energy, Frequency and Vibration.” – Nikola Tesla
Ben Grim
Official Member
Official Member
fan depuis : 1991

22 septembre 2012, 10:22

Larry G joue la basse sur la version originale de cette chanson ;)

Ben Grim
SIGNO'THETOM
Official Member
Official Member
fan depuis : 1986

22 septembre 2012, 10:53

Oui mais il n'était pas TJ à l'époque !
LOVE4ONEANOTHER IS THE ONLY WAY!
ronnie talks to francia
Official Member
Official Member

22 septembre 2012, 10:57

Il y a un truc quand même qui m'échappe, Je ne comprends pas pourquoi il compare les Betamax au marché actuel de la musique.Betamax c'était juste un format ancien de k7, bien à la mode avant que le sytème VHS ne s'empare du monopole.

(si je fouille bien chez mez parents il doit bien encore trainer au moins "T'es Fou jerry" de jerry lewis et Superman 2; bref histoire de dire que je sais très bien de quoi je parle)
"Remember Betamax?" Prince says with a grin, referring to the outmoded video cassette format. "That's the system we've got now in the music business. We're in a singles market again.It's crazy for me to walk into that with a new album.
funkygemini69
Official Member
Official Member

22 septembre 2012, 11:25

Ben Grim a écrit :Larry G joue la basse sur la version originale de cette chanson ;)

Ben Grim
Merci pour l'info je ne savais pas ......
odelay
Official Member
Official Member
fan depuis : 1988

22 septembre 2012, 12:04

bhanlarouge a écrit :Et bien cette interview m'a agréablement surprise. Pour une fois qu'on n'a pas d'énormités.

Et je ne la lis comme ça :
Il va tourner un DVD ou BR (évoqué dans l'autre interview) de son show Welcome 2 Chicago, pour permettre aux gens de le "voir". Pourquoi ? Parce qu'il va arrêter ce concept, non ? Sinon pourquoi sortir un DVD, s'il continue de tourner ce concept ?

Parce que Prince soigne tout particulièrement ses prestations live à sortir en DVD/BR, il fait répéter le groupe tout l'été, remplace AA par Mike Scott, monte une section de 11 cuivres pour que ça en jette sur les morceaux "funk".

Bref il fait de ce Welcome 2 Chicago un truc vraiment soigné, répété à la perfection, il le filme et après il passera à autre chose. Le DVD/BR servira à consolider sa réputation de performer, ce qui contribuera à attirer les gens à ses concerts. Comme il fait la chasse aux videos sur YT, il pourra même en vendre raisonnablement.

Franchement, je vois pas de mauvaise nouvelles. Le futur nous dira ce qu'il en est. Je suis pas inquiète.
La mauvaise nouvelle ça risque d'être que ce DVD ne sortira jamais parce qu'au dernier moment une mouche aura pété de travers. Mais bon, s'il se fait tout beau pour l'occasion, ce sera toujours ça de pris.
bhanlarouge
Official Member
Official Member

22 septembre 2012, 15:38

Ah oui ça c'est le risque. Je te le concède.
Répondre

Retourner vers « Archives des News [2002-2012] »